Monday, August 6, 2007

PERSEVEREANCE

I am the type of person who seems to perceive everything in the extreme. If a little is good then a lot is better. If the news is discouraging, then the end of the world is near. Or as i like to say, " I throw all my toys out of the playpen." Life is about perseverance. Life is about getting better a little a time. Sometimes the little bit is so small you don't realize it but it adds up over time. Triathlons are a metaphor for life. When my friend TEA blogged about her run that was a total mess and the range of emotions is unbelievable. Tea is my tri-mentor and friend. I learn about life and triathlons through her writings. The biggest part of her story that she told was that she regrouped and started putting 1 foot in front of the other. Life is this way for me. When everything starts falling apart, i usually need to step back and regroup. But ultimately i need to keep putting 1 foot in front of the other and persevere.

Today i went for a walk/run of 5 miles in the rain at the long beach boardwalk. I love the boardwalk. Makes me feel like rocky or something. Plus who does not love running at the beach with the smell of the salt air and sounds of the waves crashing....very cool.

1 comment:

Tea said...

Actually, you probably learn more of what NOT to do when reading about my adventures. ;)

Thanks for the honorable mention!