Sunday, September 9, 2007

TODAY IS A GREAT TRI-DAY

Congrats to DUANE!!!!! He came back to revisit the site of his first tri and kicked some major butt!!! I am looking forward to racing with you in 2009.

I also have been tracking Iron Wil in her 2nd attempt at IM Wisconsin. The big Kahuna and Iron Wil are the 2 tri-geeks that got me to jump in the pool. She is an inspiration. She is also the first person that I emailed and revealed my tri-dreams...and she emailed me back and no she did not laugh but instead she encouraged me. Today, I have been tracking her blog and so far she looks great....sounds like she will hear the famous words:

Iron Wil, YOU ARE NOW AN IRON MAN!!!!

I hope to hear these words one day......

I also want to thank everyone for their support and kind words (especially Tea and Duane) in this really difficult time in my life. It has been tough and not everyone at home understands but its always nice to have some friends that unconditionally love me and keep me afloat.....

Bob

6 comments:

Duane said...

Hey Bob! We are with you!

Duane said...

Hey dude! Thanks for the shoutout! Hope you have a really great week!

Tea said...

It's always so inspirational to watch those finishes. Watching total strangers cross the line had me tearing up all day.

But then you get to see someone that you "know" from bloggerville. We follow their stories and training....watching them finish is almost too much.

Yet, in 9 months, you'll be registering for CDA 2009. I think I will have an emotional breakdown the day you do that.

Duane said...

Bob, you will be an Ironman! And I'm sorry you are going through the separation. We're here for you!

Tea said...

Hope your holding up ok! I've been thinking about you this week.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.