Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

IS MY YEAR!!!

2007: Well...overall its been a good year. I think the struggles were equal to the Highlights.

Highs:
  • Lost over 50 lbs
  • learned to swim
  • 2 (count'em) 2 triathlons completed
  • Became friends with many in tri-blog land (especially Tea and Duane)
  • Over 80 days of abstinence from compulsive overeating
  • sobriety....yep folks no more booze either
  • sanity...yes folks I feel better than i have in a long long time....
Lows
  • Divorce after 6 years of marriage
  • selling house
  • hit my bottom....(atlthough i think its the best thing that happened to me)
  • injuries (shoulder/knee/back) seems neverending....
This year i would like to keep taking life 1 day at a time. I would love to be able to compete again this summer but we will see what life brings. I have to give other isssues a higher priority for now. This whole divorce thing is just temporary and the selling the house thing will pass too.

I continue to work on ME. I am building a better Bob.

Like the 6 million dollar man...i am going to be better, stronger, and faster:)

Bob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob

Ran across your blog as one of the tri blog allicance listed on the kahuna's site. I am also a long islander, give a holler if you are ever lookign for a slow riding buddy

kia kaha

Unknown said...

Rambonie....send me your email address or cell number and lets talk:)

Bob aka Tri-bobolicious

triguyjt said...

big guy... you had a rough year but look at all the new things that you did....
50 pounds..great..triathlons...
may 08 be great.

j.t aka triguyjt of motivation nation.

tracie said...

Best wishes for a great 2008!

It can only get better from here :)

Tea said...

Bob--I am SO happy for you. Sometimes I want to just reach out and give you a hug, but you're so strong! This IS going to be your best year yet.

don't you forget about CDA 2009! ;)